By far, the hardest thing with this pregnancy these past 3 months has been keeping it hush-hush. It is so hard to keep this thing a secret not only because you are bursting at the seams to tell everyone, but because you have adjust your everyday life. And by everyday life, I mean hanging out with your friends. If you're not a social butterfly like Bruno and I are, if you're not a lover of beer like I am, then I'm thinking it's not as hard. But going to a wedding with all your friends and not being able to say why you aren't drinking, or in our case, tricking them into thinking you're drinking, it's hard work!
I faked my drinking ways through a wonderful bachlorette party, at a winery. I felt that my lame, "I'm sick" excuse, was the worst ever and completely transparent, but it got the job done. But no one ever asked me, "Are you pregnant?" and for that, thank you! If you know me at all, you know I am the WORST liar ever. You can usually read my face like a book, so I promise, from now on, if you aren't drinking or doing something different for some reason, I will not ask if you are pregnant.
Of course you want to tell everyone. But the doctor tells you not to. So what do you do? By the time I was honestly asked if I was, I was far enough along that I didn't really feel the need to make up an excessive excuse. I still couldn't tell people, and I know it was obvious the reason for my actions, but making up lies and excuses... it's exhausting!
I stopped playing softball 2 months into the pregnancy. The doctor said I would probably be ok playing, but maybe it'd be better if I didn't. Fine by me! I was constantly worried every night I played (3 nights a week). So then I had a whole month to make up an excuse, for 3 different teams. And I felt horrible, especially when we played the top teams and I knew I could help my team if I was there. I didn't go to my games to support my teams because I felt that if I could show up to cheer then people would question why I couldn't play.
But thankfully, it's all over! We have told everyone, I can cheer on my teams, I can go to happy hour without making an excuse for not drinking. Life it good. But man, has it been hard!
No comments:
Post a Comment