Wednesday, February 29, 2012

3 Months and Growing!



Well Month 3 has been a month of changes! I went back to work and you girls started daycare. I wasn't sure how I would feel going back. I had enjoyed every second of my time off with the girls, playing and watching them grow. But we had to get into our offical routine. I started back to work on a Thursday, per a suggestion of a coworker who recently had a little girl. This way, I only had to work 1.5 days before the weekend and seeing the girls during the day again. It definitely worked out great.

Bruno is in charge of pick-ups and drop-offs, so his schedule definitely changed with daycare starting. The first day was pretty tough on him but as the week progressed, it was a little easier.

Day One


Day Two


Since I have 1/2 days on Fridays, I'm in charge of picking the girls up from daycare. Let me tell you, I cannot wait for noon to come on Fridays! I am so anxious to pick them up and spend time with them. Upon my first pick-up, I discovered a brand new Chick-Fil-A right by the daycare. I think I've eaten there every week since starting.

This month we celebrated your friend Morgan's 2nd birthday. That was a lot of fun because we got you all dressed up and you are now very much into socializing and smiling with other people. We also had our first photo shoot. The girls did great! Thanks Let the Light In Photography (www.facebook.com/pages/Let-the-Light-In-Photography) for such great work.

I also spent my first full weekend away from the girls. It was pretty tough - I missed them dearly. But I did have a fantastic time drinking wine and celebrating with my closest girlfriends.

This next month we look forward to their first St. Paddy's Day, school pictures and an Easter Egg Hunt!



Luciana Marie



You are quite the smiley-pants now. Your daddy was able to get your first full smile on camera and you've been flashing it ever since. You have a big wide smile that lights up there room and considering how happy you are, all the rooms are pretty bright!



You love love love getting your diaper changed. We don't know why, but you could be crying your eyes out but when we lay you on that changing pad, you smile so big. I guess you just love having a clean diaper.

Daddy has really gotten you to laugh a lot lately, especially on the changing table. You're really ticklish on your hips, your feet, under your arms, and right at your sternum. Yep, pretty much everywhere. You laugh is very contagious and you make us laugh just from hearing you!

You also love bath time. You love splashing around and making a big mess. You are able to hold yourself up pretty much by yourself, so it makes bath time a little less stressful for mommy. It's tough to support you AND wash you at the same time!



Daycare has been going very well for you. All your teachers tell us that you and your sister are such good babies. You eat, sleep and smile. You are the talk of the town - everyone knows the twins!

When Daddy takes you to daycare in the morning, you often like to sleep on the way and wake up sometimes as soon as he drops you off.

You are very alert and constantly looking around when you're awake.

You have been a bit more of a whiner than you have in the past. Have you and Milena traded places?? Just kidding. Your new cry isn't strong, just longing. Your mouth opens so slowly with this cry... it's just so cute.

You do have a hysterical cry though, especially when you're hungry!

Your legs are getting very strong. When I lay you on your back on my legs, you sometimes push off so hard and fast that I worry you'll fly right off the sofa! You are doing very well trying to stand, able to hold yourself up for minutes at a time. I think you'll be walking before you're crawling.

You are very close to rolling over. We often find you lying on the ground, slightly on your side, so close to rolling to your stomach!

You are not picky on your pacifiers and will take pretty much any that we give you. Yay!



We took you to your first non-checkup doctor's appointment when you were 10 weeks old to get your eyes checked out. They had been pretty crusty and although your eyes weren't red and you didn't have a fever, we took you in anyway. Turns out you just had clogged tear ducts - very common for babies. Whew!

You were the first to progress to the next nipple size for your bottle. We decided to upgrade after noticing that it took you over 20 minutes to drink your bottle, and you were dozing off in the process.

Sometimes you take an extra ounce at your feeding, most often in the morning. I guess those long nights make you especially hungry.

You sleep well throughout the night, averaging about 6hrs, but sometimes up to 8. Mommy and Daddy love it!

You are fitting well into 3m clothes. I think you'll be into 6m here soon. You weight about 1lb more than your sister.

At your last checkup you weighed 11lbs 10oz.



Milena Mattioli



You took a little longer to smile. Although you may not flash it as often as your sister, when you do it's with a big open mouth and happy eyes.



You love when we play peek-a-boo with you. When I'm changing you, I'll take a clean diaper and move it to and from your face, making a silly sound and you love it. You're even starting to laugh when I do it!

You're not sure what to think of bathtime. You don't often cry anymore, which is good. Most of the time, you just sit in the tub, just getting clean. Sometimes you start lounging to the side and we have to adjust you so you don't fall all the way in! Occasionally, you find yourself in the mirror and just stare. Daddy says you get that from him.

You have grown to love sucking on your fingers and hands, sometimes shoving the whole thing in your mouth! That's quite an accomplishment!



Daycare has been going very well for you. All your teachers tell us that you and your sister are such good babies. You eat, sleep and smile. You are the talk of the town - everyone knows the twins!

When Daddy takes you to daycare in the morning, you often stay awake for the beginning of the trip, talking with Daddy. He points out all the features surrounding the car as he drives and you just look around.

You are very happy laying and sleeping on your side. If you are fussy, we usually can hold you in our arms, facing towards our chest and it calms you down. We do the same when we put you in your bouncy seat and you are very content.



We took you to your first non-checkup doctor's appointment when you were 11 weeks old because of a hard cough you had. You've always been a little stuffy and cough a bit, but this time you were coughing so hard that you were turning red! Turns out, you were just getting over a cold.

You progressed to the next nipple size on your bottle about a week after your sister. We may have started you a little early on it, but it was getting pretty tricky to keep the 2 sizes separated. You adapted very well and have been sucking down formula ever since.

You are very consistent in how much you drink. It's not often you drink more or less than the 6oz we give you at each feeding.

You are picky on your pacifiers and will only take Avent Soothies. We've tried others, but you just won't have it. Oh well!



You sleep well throughout the night, averaging about 6hrs, but sometimes up to 8. Mommy and Daddy love it! You don't wake up before your sister as much as you did before, also nice.

You are fitting well into 3m clothes. We may put you into 6m when your sister transitions, just to make it easier to pick out clothes. You weight about 1lb less than your sister. We wonder if you'll stay the petite one.

At your last check up you weighed 10lbs 12oz.

Month 4, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment