Sunday, November 20, 2011

Baby Shower in the Snow

At the end of October some of my best friends threw an amazing baby shower for me. It's amazing how quickly it came up. They had asked me about the shower way back in June... so this was a day a long time in the making. So it always seemed really far away. Then, all of the sudden, holy crap, it's here!

I must admit, when the day was about a month away, I was worried that I wouldn't have enough energy to socialize and enjoy the day as I wanted to. I was pretty beat after our shower in September so thinking 4 more weeks ahead, I was nervous. The date was originally selected because it was a date both Bruno and I were free (remember we were going to do that coed one) and even though it was a Hokie game day, it was against Duke... so we figured if there was a game to miss, it would be that one (we did end up winning, but the game was too close for comfort!) Once we decided it wouldn't be a coed shower, I seriously considered asking to change the date. Yes, I was that worried. But honestly, we didn't really have another free weekend and the date had already been passed around to everyone so I just secretly prayed that I would be full of enough energy.

And I was. By the time the day came, I was excited and ready to see everyone. One of my good friends had come down from Ohio, and my aunt was coming down from Long Island, NY. For me, one of the fun things about this pregnancy has been seeing my friends that I hadn't seen in a long time. Some not since before I even made the announcement! Of course, I do have picture updates every now and then, but it's not the same as seeing someone in person. So there was a lot of people at my shower I hadn't seen in a long time... and it was awesome.

I am truly blessed and so grateful for the wonderful group of friends I have around me. The support and excitement we have received from so many people has been amazing.

It was wonderful mingling with all my friends, and the time flew by. We did receive both car seats, so we can at least bring the girls home! Everyone did a great job sticking to the registry and gifting the girls adorable clothes and accessories. They will be very well dressed little ones... I can't wait to dress them up!

I wanted to post some pictures of the shower, but I don't have any :( I have a picture of the really great cake that my mother-in-law got for the shower though. It was so cool and delicious! If any pictures from the day show up, I'll be sure to post them. Thank you everyone (especially Karen, Chelsea and Allyson) for a fantastic celebration. You really know how to make a girl feel loved.

Oh and did I mention that we had a snowstorm the day of the shower? Yeah, at the end of October it snowed, in some parts so much that it kept some of my guests from being able to make it to the shower. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment