Monday, January 30, 2012

2 Months Already?!



Wow those 2 months went fast! No one can believe it... especially not us. Since I've been home with them, all day everyday, sometimes I find myself really noticing some changes, like their weight, but not noticing everything, like how different they look. I spoke of it in my earlier blogs regarding how much my belly had grown and how it was hard for me to notice a change unless I looked at previous pictures. It's the same thing.

Last week we had our 2-month checkup at the Doctor's office. The girls got weighed, measured, and a few shots. Lucky for them, they only had to get 2... before it was 4. Apparently they were able to combine some of the vaccines now, so yay for us! The girls have grown well, gaining about 3lbs since birth. As far as their shots went, they both did very well. Luciana went first... as the oldest, she should. Haha. When the first shot was given, she gave a small cry, and settled. With the second shot, she cried again and was settled immediately as Bruno pushed the pacifier into her mouth. Crisis averted, and we moved on to Milena. She did just as well, only crying slightly longer. But once she had her pacifier, we were good to go. We were so proud of our girls!

So as month 2 comes and goes, reality sets in that I'm going back to work soon, and the girls are going to daycare. While I am looking forward to working again, interacting with my friends and getting back to a "normal" life, I know I'll be sad leaving my girls. Surprisingly enough, it actually is exhausting being at home with the girls all day. I know I know, how can it be when I'm sitting around watching Hoda and Kathie Lee and not even changing out of my pjs all day. But it is! Especially with 2 babies. If I'm not feeding them (which overall is a 30-45min ordeal), I'm doing laundry, or cleaning bottles, or picking up the house. Every. Single. Day. The same routine, over and over. Am I complaining? No, definitely not. I'm just letting you know that their IS work involved with being home on Maternity leave! And it is a bit sad in my mind as well, knowing that I'll more than likely never have this type of time off again. Tear. But the real world must start again. I must start getting a paycheck again.

I'm also excited for our girls to start daycare. As much of a scheduled as we've tried to gt them on, or kinda established, I know that Daycare will really help that. Right now the girls eat about every 4 hours, 5oz of formula/milk mixture during the day and 4oz of formula for their 2 nighttime feedings. The girls are starting to sleep longer at night, sometimes even 6 hours! Baby steps to the eventual all-nighter. Can't wait!


Luciana Marie



Though you continue to be our little grunter, you are the most precious sleeper when I wake you in the morning. You have taken to your Halo Sleep Swaddle Sack and you almost immediately fall asleep as soon as we wrap you up.

You do like to sleep during the night, much longer than your sister. 95% of the time, we have to wake you up for your feeding only because your sister has been ready to go. If we only had you, we would get a lot more sleep! But if we only had you, we wouldn't be complete.

You're eating very well now. We give you 4-5oz bottles during the day and 2-4oz bottles at night. We were told that if we gave you less at bedtime you would sleep longer... it seems to be working.

When you eat, you like to hold your arms above your head, signaling a touchdown. This maneuver may make it a bit tricky to hold your bottle down the road :)



You are starting to smile more, and laugh a little. Not quite the LOL, but definitely more than a smile. You seem to smile most when I put your sock in your face, as I say, "Sock!" Silly, I know. But if it makes you smile, I'll do it all day. You also smile when we rub your cheeks.

You are starting to find your voice, ever so slightly. A few times a day I can get you to talk to me, and I know this will just increase more and more.

Your father speaks to you almost exclusively in Portuguese. We hope this catches on and you learn multiple languages. Wouldn't that be cool!

You tend to like tummy time most days and your neck strength improves each time. Sometimes, you are not into tummy time at all and decide passing out is the better option.



You are definitely your mother's daughter and are very distracted and intrigued by the television. Daddy doesn't like this.

You can sit in your Bumbo chair very well. You'll sit in there for about 10 minutes or so before you are ready to be out.

As far as nap time goes, you are taking shorter and shorter naps, wanting to be entertained rather than sleep. I suppose this is a good thing... we like you to develop! But I suggest you take advantage of all this nap time while you can. You have napped in your crib on occasion, staying asleep longer than your sister in your crib. I won't swaddle you during the day, so you know the difference between nap time and bedtime, but I'm certain if I swaddled you, you'd fall right asleep.

You do love the Baby Bjorn. You fight it initially, but Mommy knows you, and knows you love it. You could sleep for hours in that thing!

Bath time is getting more fun. If we time it just right, you actually seem to enjoy it If we don't, well you let us know. You also have the cutest little fuzz-head after your bath!



You have graduated to Size 1 diapers, even though they are a bit big on you. But the NB size is a bit too snug. You are starting to fill out 0-3 and 3m clothing, especially in the belly area. My little chunkster... I love it! And even though I am excited to dress you in new clothes, the next size up, it is a little sad to see your NB clothes now in a bag to pass down to the next little one.

At your 2-month checkup, you weighed 9lbs 9oz.



Milena Mattioli



You take a little longer getting to sleep at night than your sister. After we wrap you and put you down in your crib, we often have to come back into the room to console you just one more time. We had you in your Wombie Sack for a bit and you seemed very content. We decided to try putting you in another sleeper sack, and you seem to sleep just a little longer with your arms down at your side.

But you still wake up before your sister, at least 30min. More often than not, we have to wake her up because you are ready to eat RIGHT NOW.

You're eating very well now. We give you 4-5oz bottles during the day and 2-4oz bottles at night. We were told that if we gave you less at bedtime you would sleep longer... it seems to be working.

You do tend to spit up a little more than your sister. Because of this, we make sure you have a bib on everytime you eat. We've learned... The doctor says you may just have a sensitive tummy, but we just think you're a Diva.

When you eat, you are definitely a Diva. Your bottle has to be just the right temperature and at just the right angle, or you won't have any of it! You like to keep your arms tight to your chest, actually allowing the bottle to sit right on top.

You are starting to smile more, and laugh a little. Not quite the LOL, but definitely more than a smile. You seem to smile most when I smile at you, make silly faces and and talk in a silly voice. You also smile when we rub your cheeks.



You are starting to find your voice, ever so slightly. A few times a day I can get you to talk to me, and I know this will just increase more and more.

Your father speaks to you almost exclusively in Portuguese. We hope this catches on and you learn multiple languages. Wouldn't that be cool!

You still aren't the biggest fan of tummy time. You do enjoy laying on your back on your playmat and looking at all your suspended friends. Recently, you have found yourself in the mirror and of course you love it!



You can sit in your Bumbo chair very well. You'll sit in there for about 10 minutes or so before you are ready to be out.

As far as nap time goes, you are taking shorter and shorter naps, wanting to be entertained rather than sleep. However as soon as Mommy holds you in her arms, you fall right asleep. As hard as it is to put you down because Mommy loves your snuggles, we know this cannot become a habit.

You do love the Baby Bjorn. You fight it initially, but Mommy knows you, and knows you love it. You could sleep for hours in that thing!

Bath time is getting more fun. If we time it just right, you actually seem to enjoy it If we don't, well you let us know. You are so cute wrapped up in your towel afterwards and if I wasn't worried you would pee on me, I'd keep you in that all day.

You are pretty congested all the time. I'm constantly wiping your nose, and I feel so bad when you constantly breathe all stuffy. You are not a fan of me wiping your nose, even though I know it helps. But the doc says you're ok, so I guess you're just meant to be stuffy!



You are still in NB diapers, but I'm thinking you'll move up in the next week or so. It'll be a lot easier once you do! You could probably still fit into your NB clothes, but we dress you in the next size up, just to make it easier with dressing your sister.

At your 2-month checkup you weighed 8lbs 14oz.

Here's to the next wonderful month!

No comments:

Post a Comment